personalHTTPproxy is a full functional HTTP/1.1 compliant Open Source http proxy written in Java.
Please also checkout my new personalDNSfilter which blocks already on domain name resolution level!
• It can be used for filtering ads and other unwished hosts based on a host list – Thus it is a good AdBlock alternative.
• See httpproxy.conf file for information on how to configure the hosts filtering.
• HTTP/HTTPS support. Bidirectional pipelining. Persistent connections/connection pooling.
• personalHTTPproxy is preconfigured with the ad host filter lists from http://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/ via this link (about 2500 entries)
• In case you are interested in a very complete hosts filter, check http://hosts-file.net/ which provides a hosts filter with about 350.000 entries including known hosts for tracking and malicious websites, etc. Find the filter download in the download section. Select a mirror from the hosts.txt download entry.
• You can run it locally on your device or centrally as HTTP proxy in your network.
• Tested on Raspberry Pi.
Credits: Thanks to Tobi (http://t-ryder.de) who provided the app icon (initially for personalHTTPproxy 1.5.70). Thanks to adaway.org, pgl.yoyo.org, hostsfile.net, montanamenagerie.org for providing the filter hosts sources.
Thanks to the translators: godenkoff (Russian), iRob (Italian), KcNirvana (Portuguese), ekilciler (Turkish), SatsuPT-Br (Brasilian Portuguese).
Send feedback or comments to: email@example.com
56247 visits since October 14th, 2014.