• It can be used for filtering ads and other unwished hosts based on a host list – Thus it is a good AdBlock alternative.
• On Android devices (Android 4.2 an newer) it can be used as effective ad, malware and tracking server filter without root access!
• It works with any upstream DNS server - filtering is completely local - no phoning home or such things!
• See dnsfilter.conf file for information on how to configure the hosts filtering.
• Feel free to add additional host filter lists of your choice.
• You can run it locally on your device or centrally as DNS server in your network.
• Tested on Raspberry Pi.
Credits: Thanks to Tobi (http://t-ryder.de) who provided the app icon (initially for personalHTTPproxy 1.5.70). Thanks to adaway.org, pgl.yoyo.org, energized.pro and StevenBlack for providing the filter hosts sources. Thanks to translators TheImpulson, novas78, dogiex, yshalsager, Lukas Novotny, Taivotat2, dugi9991, Primokorn, gaich, phihungchrome
Send feedback or comments to: email@example.com
134463 visits since February 25th, 2017.